Sunday, January 11, 2009

First Impressions

First impressions are said to be lasting. Is that the way you work your life? Do you pass someone at work, on the street, at the theater or at church and decide then and there - who they are - what they stand for and if they can enter your space.

A newspaper or a book is that way with some people too. I am not one of those who concretes images of what will be from a first impression of people, in general, but I do that with books or newspapers. I am drawn to colors, pictures or script/font.

Sometimes I admit, I allow myself to let a first impression cause a person to slip 'out of my space'. I don't give them a chance. Fear would be the reason I suppose. Some people, most times men, are aggressive or loud.

You opened this post/blog page and began reading. Don't let the first few lines or pages be your lasting first impression, the decision maker on whether or not you will return or stay awhile.

If you stick with me, I promise to bring you days of joy, tears, relateable moments, secrets and so much more.

I had a blog. Seems like long ago. I ran dry. It was his fault. Long story for another post but it seems right at the moment to place blame somewhere away from me and with someone other than myself. My mind kept being filled with ideas of short stories. I would wake in the night and lay there as thoughts rolled through my mind as I heard the sound of a movie projector rolling. Now that for sure dates me!


No comments:

Post a Comment