Friday, October 30, 2009

First Day


The first day at my new job turned out to be the darkest, most stormy morning since Autumn began.

I drove the short drive to work thankful they had recently repainted the white stripes on the highway. The headlights of oncoming traffic made it hard for me to see the road. My eyes are not what they use to be. I kept my focus on the white line that bordered the highway and continued on.


I felt alive.
I liked Monday - again - at last.


For almost two years I have exchanged my love of Mondays for love of Fridays. Not anymore! I can't wait for Monday to get here and go to work.

I like loving my job.
The students are so precious, even the ones who seem to attend school simply to try your patience. And, I couldn't ask for a finer group of staff to work with.

My boss - well, he is a man. I'm not too fond of men, actually, I have a kinda sorta fear of men and avoid the encounters when I can. However, my boss is a really great guy, to me a rare find. He is kind, encouraging and he listens.
So you can see, as I do, how blessed I feel in my job.

As I drove to work that morning, thanking Jesus for my new job and for helping me make it through the recent times in my life of desert, I wondered if this heavy rain fall was for me or because of me? Was it the Lord's grand way of letting me fully experience the no longer dryness of the desert but the full quenching of his poured blessings on me?


Up ahead is another patch of desert. I don't dread it quite so much now and I know I will not be alon
e.

No comments:

Post a Comment