Saturday, October 3, 2009

Healing

I was just in the backyard burning some old fencing in the fire pit. Nice pit. People sitting around a bonfire at night, chatting, roasting marshmallows, singing songs, 'just being'.

That doesn't happen
except in my mind. It is a nice dream I have of a someday thing.

Not far from my view is a sight I have not viewed since last summer. A 15 foot circle in the lawn where the swimming pool use
to be. The kids decided that they did not need the pool. Guess it wasn't cool and since we are only a few moments walk from the lake, what was the point?

The pool came down. It left an ugly circle of dirt that I would go over as I mowed the rest of the lawn wondering if the grass would ever grow back.

The circle is 1/3 healed now. Healed in that grass is growing so lush it blends in perfectly with the rest of the lawn and if a person didn't know that once upon a summer ago, there was only dirt, they would be surprised.

Kinda sorta made me think of life and it's healing process. Sometimes when you take a step back and fully take in the view, you find the healing process has started only you didn't notice.

Healing will come. Sometimes it just takes more time than you want it to. But in the end, how lush and beautiful it will be. Although scars might remain as a reminder of where you have been.

...will you really mind
...will it really matter at that point
...all I know for now is - life is waiting




No comments:

Post a Comment