Saturday, February 6, 2010

What Color


What color is a funny person? I ask because there must be some color that would describe me or at least, the recent me.


I think I will choose royal blue. Don't you think every princess should have at least one color to describe her with the word royal in it?

But then again, does a princess act funny? Perhaps most don't but this one does.

Here is what makes me believe I must be funny in a weird sort of way... I have at least 20 plus pairs of earrings. I must be totally honest and mention that I have one half pair also. I lost the other hoop but love the earrings so much I have held onto the one hoop in hopes one day the other will surface and all will be well again. The earring thing, I rarely change my earrings.

I have several necklaces but wear one.

I have one purse. I have had it for about 5 years. I love it. I get compliments on it often. I know where everything is even when it is overloaded.

The straps have been wearing out to the point where I felt certain one day as I walk into my favorite WalMart, the purse would fall from my grasp as I stroll through the parking lot. I kept saying that I needed a new purse but couldn't bare to toss the partner I have had for that many years. It has served me well.

However, the purse died. So...till death do us part and now I tote around a new purse. I was determined to not enjoy it as much as my old one as nothing could replace it. Truth is, I love it even more. I suppose I kinda sorta quickly got over the death of my last purse. There aren't purse police so I don't suppose I have broken any laws but I do feel badly all the same.

My new purse has pockets that zip so if I find myself once again, toting around more receipts than I need to or used napkins. The good news is I can cover up the mess with one swoop of the zipper.

I think the purse was made for me. I wonder how long it sat on the shelf waiting for me...

I told you, I am a funny weird sort of person.

No comments:

Post a Comment