Tuesday, November 16, 2010

interminable

Last night I walked quickly back to the time clock to check out. I chatted for a bit with fellow associates, grabbed the wadded up clothes from my locker and headed towards the front door. I had to change my clothes at work and beings that my locker is so small, I have to stuff my things in there. It seems wrinkles are everywhere in my life now....on my aging face and on my wadded up clothing. giggle

At the front door, good nights were exchanged and thank you for your hard work to us from the manager. It is always nice to hear that you are appreciated. The manager is a great guy, in fact, I am blessed that the boss at my other job is a great guy too!

The wind was blowing big time! Shopping carts were everywhere earlier that evening. One had even blown into one of the driveway entrances. A few of us stopped a moment near our vehicles to share last minute conversation. It has been great getting to know them and making new friends. I choose to make friends with those I work with rather than just having a working relationship. It seems to make work more enjoyable to me, as if I were working with family.

I got on the freeway and headed toward my destination, a store where I needed to pick up a few things. There was debris all over the road from the wild wind. Barrels lined the freeway where construction was going on. With the wind, the barrels and rain coming down, it made it difficult to decipher exactly where the exit was. Don't laugh too loudly, but at one point, I took a slight exit only to find I was simply driving on the other side of the barrels for a bit, which was not an exit I intended to make but rather a private lane for me to ride along. Most likely very entertaining - or alarming - to the other motorists. :)

At last my real live exit! Or at least I thought it was. I took the exit before my exit which meant more maneuvering and a u-turn at one point. As I drove into Grand Mound, I could see nothing but darkness. The electricity had gone out in the whole area. Even the stop lights were dark. Very few were on the road at that time so when I did reach the major stop light, people were polite in taking turns with stopping and going. A mile down the road, I pulled into the parking lot of the store I needed to stop at and found it was dark. grrrrrrrr

I made a loop and headed for home all the while pondering.....

how very much this night drive parallels my life and if by chance there were women out there who are able to cruise right through middle age without ever stopping to ask in dismay and disbelief, How did I end up here? At that moment I was unable to find a bright spot to focus on. I wondered if I would ever feel normal and if summer will ever return.

~~

A new day

I am always thankful for a new day and look forward to the adventures that lay ahead. I was reading poems this morning and found one that made me smile, gave me hope and caused me to want to
share...


God is like a DJ,
Life is like a dance floor.
Love is like a song.



Enjoy your day!






No comments:

Post a Comment