Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Missing In Action


Tis true, I have been missing in action, both on posting/writing, and in living my life. It is at times, difficult to move through the forest when there are so many obstacles in the path. Fallen trees to climb over, critters scampering about and sounds in the distance that cause me to pause and wonder if I am headed in the right direction. At times, I feel I am going around in circles. Seems I find myself passing through areas that I just walked through....then I wonder what is with that! Why can't I find a path that will lead me to somewhere other than the cottage that Hansel and Gretel came upon. Where is Christopher Robin? I know he would assist me.... :)


I have been consumed with life. Hmmm perhaps it is more that life at this time, has found a way to consume almost every moment of my days.


Can you relate?


I moved recently. I have a new roommate. The kindest, considerate and most handsome man in this part of the hundred acre woods...one of my sons! Thought I should throw that in there before you begin wondering just who I am living with. I love my new apartment. It is safe. That was the most important thing to me. It is well lit up and comes with weekend entertainment as there is a high school across the street with the football field in view. I can hear the announcer giving out details of who is running the field and on what yard line....not that I would really know what that meant. I am not a football fan. I don't care to watch 'the guys' do the full body slam when they greet each other or see how aggressive the players get. Why can't they do a simple 'high five'? Doesn't that seem more gentle? Next time there is a vote on how football players greet each other on the field, I am voting for a high five...cause I JUST KNOW they are going to ask for my input. :)

However, I do enjoy hearing how excited the fans get. Yes, my apartment is close enough to hear them too!


...and so it was, I headed to work once again. The drive is long but still amazingly beautiful. With the time change, the sky is not so dark. I could see the lake when I drove over it just before heading into Mossyrock. It is like the grand finale for me. When I drive over the bridge and view the lake, I know my sons are just moments away. I know my job that awaits me is moments away. I adore my children and cherish the people I work with.

As I continued on the highway, I sipped on my
coffee. Mmmmm I love coffee.

Perhaps a plethora of things should be on my mind when I wake up but mostly I think about how quickly I can make it to the kitchen for that first hot cup of coffee. Ya I know, I have an exciting life that you must surely be jealous of. :)


It was a short work day. I was thankful for the break in be
tween my jobs to have an hour or two extra to fit in some things on my to do list that has been lacking on my part, in crossing things off. I have discovered that no matter how early I rise or how late I stay up, the time in a day is all the same. I don't know how that works but I never seem to have enough hours in a day. Go figure!

New day...
The sun is out today. This morning, while I sat on the couch in my living room, I glanced out the window and saw an amazing sky. Mini cl
ouds were pink, trimmed with dark blue, resting against a light blue sky. Ahhhhh I just might be enjoying a rain free day off!

Day off - hmmmm what to do first...
hop a quick flight to Cancun
call my mom

take a walk
watch a movie

ponder relationships
bake cookies


My granddaughter has been asking me to bake her some white cookies. I am unsure what a white cookie is but the adventure
and joy of baking cookies for Willow is going to be a joy. I guess the decision is made. Now I just need to get moving............







No comments:

Post a Comment