Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tired

You know what I get tired of? Life sometimes. Maybe more it is the things and people in it that I grow weary of the most.

Tired of meany heads
Tired of tasks that never seem to end
Tired of heartless people who intentionally vomit on others and thrill at throwing their harsh words into the world
Tired of not having enough hours in most days to complete the tasks my mind tells me to do
Tired of having my heart broken
Tired of not understanding
Tired of feeling I am NEVER going to be whole again
Tired of trying harder than I need to, most of the time

Hmmmm

But, on the bright side....I woke up kinda sorta feeling ready for the day. For the first time in days, I slept well and longer than a four or five hours. Then as I headed down the hall to turn on the pot of water for my morning coffee, I heard birds chirping. I quickly went to the sliding glass door and slid it open. The sky was clear. The air was clean and as I took in a deep breath, it was as if a wish on a night star had come true. I had to smile. I looked for the birds that might be chattering about the morning but could not find them. My guess is they had all gathered on nearby tree branches enjoying the bird version of coffee and chatting about how lovely it was to have another day of sunshine and warmth.

The day got better and better. The best part of that is it is only 8:15 in the morning. That means there is more joy coming. At least that is what my heart is telling me....so here I go, into the day with a song on my heart and a smile that today, really is a smile and not the fake one I so often wear.

2 comments:

  1. Your words express where I have been. Our world can feel like it is upside down but when see the beauty our perspective changes..Joy comes our way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunnycalgirl, thanks for sharing. It helps me in the healing process to not only write how I am feeling but to hear from others who understand or at least, can relate.

    ReplyDelete