Thursday, May 6, 2010

Have you ever...

...moved forward in an area of your life that felt like the right path to be on even though something kept causing you to look back to make sure you were walking on the journey you were taking, just in case you were in error?

That is the situation in my life right now. The path feels so right. I have sent up my concern in prayer to the Lord and feel that I have confirmation that what I have chosen is right for me. Signs are everywhere and have been all along that what I am doing and where I am going is where I need to be.

And yet, I find myself looking back down the path from time to time. Not to return to where I was yesterday, but to keep making certain that my choice was the right one for me.

Mostly I do that because of others. Those who wish me to follow their plan for my life. Those who like to manipulate. My life has been full of manipulators. When I was young, it was impossible for me to deceiver the difference and so I went along with other peoples plans for my life. As I aged, I continued to be naive and fell into a pattern of allowing others opinions to move me in directions that caused me discomfort.

I am learning to make my own choices. I feel more and more comfortable in my skin, in my walk and in my heart. I like myself more. Does that make sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment