Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pretending



I am pretending ...


your words don't hurt me


I have it all together


I'm comfortable receiving compliments


I'm not confused in life


Life isn't complicated


It doesn't hurt to talk about grandchildren or hold a baby


(I miss my grandchildren more than words can express)




One thing I never pretend is that I care about you


Just because I truly do


It is written on my face


It shows with my words and actions




I care for


the slow granny I am behind, on the highway, driving slowly when I am in a hurry


the customer loading their stuffed shopping cart onto the check out even though it is the 20 items or less lane


those who are belittled by their peers


the ones with egos so large they pack a mirror everywhere they go....just in case


the homeless


the soldiers who love our country


the children and aged who are forgotten about or have fallen through the cracks


my friends and family...yes, even ma who has mastered the art of driving me to the brink of insanity




Most of all


I care for you because you take such gentle care of my heart




blessings...




No comments:

Post a Comment