Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Treasures

Lately I have been doing things for ME. Not that I am being selfish, just doing what I should have been doing years ago and taking better care of myself.


I have not worn jewelry in a long time. Mostly because I just didn't feel like I deserved to look nice and on a lot of days, I was too depressed to care so why bother... But lately I have ventured into my jewelry boxes and found that along with a large selection, I also have found memories and much more...


I have been spending time with friends which is a new world for me. I was called on Saturday to join friends for lunch at the last minute. In the past the lunch date would not have been a possibility. It has been as if I entered a new world. In a way, I suppose I have since so much inside my head and heart have changed along with the world that surrounds me.



It is summer time, kinda sorta, so I have been wearing Capri's to work and shorts at home. I remembered about my ankle bracelets that had been carefully stored for a few years in a gold and silver box. I pulled them out. I layed each one across my ankle, checking them out to bring back memories and embrace the new adventure of wearing them.



Today I selected an ankle bracelet to wear. It didn't fit. Too small. Hmmm How could that be? Then I layed out all the bracelets and saw that two or three were much shorter than the rest. That is when it came back to me that I had a few bracelets for my wrist tucked away in that same box.



What a delight to have found the hidden treasure.



Lately my life has been just like that - days when I find hidden delight. So much so that on some days I feel like singing while I twirl barefoot on the lawn, feeling the grass beneath my feet - which is really a very splendid sensation.



Isn't life grand at times?

No comments:

Post a Comment