Sunday, September 19, 2010

Summer Vacation

Oh my, summer vacation from school seems so long ago but yet I have only been back at school for a few weeks. Ok, a few long weeks. I am not at all content or comfortable with my new position at the school. For the past few years, we paras return in September, unsure what our positions will be. I greatly respect our principal and know he is aware that I am there for the students and the school so will do most any position. I am the type of person that gets along with anyone....until now. I am struggling MAJOR in my current placement which causes me anxiety each day, starting when I wake up, and does not release until I reach my second job. There, I breathe, I laugh and enjoy what I do. bummer

However, seasons come and seasons go and this too shall pass.

Ok, so on to the blog that I intended to post this morning.

Some of what my summer taught me -

You can have as many dreams as your basket can hold
but they don't always manifest.
You can try to separate yourself
from the world around you
but reality always pulls you back.
Learn to deal with it in whatever ways you can
and however possible.
BBQ's are enjoyable but not when you are alone.
Good friends are priceless.
Hold them near and cherish them.
Ice tea comes in many forms and flavors with or without ice. :)
Be careful how long your to do list is.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to the job thing a bit..Are you a teachers aide? I seem to have lost the joy I once had at work..

    ReplyDelete