Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Norm

...and so it was, I had some good news that I needed to share with a certain someone. After all, it did involve him in a kinda sorta way.

I knew I didn't like talking to him but at the time I had forgotten why. So, I began sharing what I had to say. The news was a profitable situation for both of us.

He said "great", then added, "it was a burden to me."

Oh, hmmm

It is odd the simple words that can cause someone pain and they did. I wondered why there could not be a conversation with that person where nothing negative would enter in.

I hung up the phone feeling kinda sorta down. The excitement of my good news took a downward spiral. Oh bother

The phone rings. I pick up and say hello. The familiar voice of the one who just turned my smile upside down is on the phone to report that the only reason they were a bit gruff was because they had a bad day.

That's OK, I thought to myself, everyone has bad days once in awhile. It's not like he talks that way to me every day...........oh ya, that's the reason I don't like talking to that person, that's the way the talk to me all of the time.

bummer

Some habits are hard to break.


No comments:

Post a Comment