Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Love Exists



The earth still turns on its orbit
Oceans ebb and flow
The sun rises and sets
Love exists
None can be held in your hand
And yet, they do exist.

The earth can't be held but I have felt it shake beneath my feet.

I have been to the ocean many times. I stood knee deep in ocean waves while I tightened my muscles just so I could stand firm. And yet, with all it's strength, the waves filtered through my fingers - they could not be held.

I adore how sunrises and sunsets paint and blanket the sky. However much on days like today, when cold winds blow and I yearn for warmth, I dare not, nor can I hold the sun.

Love - it is a state of being, an emotion that cannot be held. But I feel it and know it exists.

I feel it when

~~my youngest son says, "good night mom, I love you."
~~each time I touch my finger tips to the diamond necklace my mother gave me...a symbol of her love.
I close my eyes and choose to believe that no matter what was, is and will be, somewhere deep inside her heart, my mother does love me.
~~a dove pendant with the word peace, hangs from a thin black rope from my rear view mirror from my sister. She sent it to me when I needed to be reminded that peace will come. That and our pinky swears express to me her love.
~~my favorite three small words, "my favorite aunt", warm my heart knowing where ever he may be under the scarborough horizon, my nephew loves me and knows he too is loved.
~~Two red wooden hearts hang on a rope from a post on the wall of my room, made by one of my sons when he was a wee child, cause a smile to surface and sweet memories to flood my mind.

What about you? Do you know that love is real? If not, perhaps you are looking in the wrong places.

No comments:

Post a Comment