Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Words

God doesn't give you the people you want
He gives you the people you NEED
To help you,
to hurt you,
to leave you,
to love you

and to make you into the person you were meant to be.

Those are words someone sent me and I read in my inbox this morning. Not words I wanted to read nor did I like the way they caused me to feel.

I don't want to invite people into my world that will hurt me. People who cause me to feel like I am a candle in a hurricane, alone and helpless, unable to stand on my own and too weary to fight until the flame is no more...

Some days I feel as though I bend for others, until I reach a breaking point. That's when I feel as though I begin to fall over the edge of my life into a deep canyon.

Maybe it is then that I can stand up and discover a small but significant piece of me, of who I am becoming, falling into place. Maybe it will be then that I can start to live...

No comments:

Post a Comment