Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Winds Of Change

I just finished talking to someone who told me they feel the same way I do....most alone when I am in a crowd. hmmm

Last night I was sitting in my bed with pillows stacked behind my back, watching Terminal with Tom Hanks when it came to me....I feel the most comforted in my bed. It is the only place where I am the most comforted. It is where I can dream any dream I choose, be kept warm, have papers I am working on scattered all across the comforter and no one complains. Although I am alone, I don't feel alone. Does that make sense?

I spent Thursday morning with one of my sons. We went shopping, ordered Chinese take out them came back to my apartment and nibbled on Sweet and Sour Chicken. I loved the hot mustard but my son twisted up his face when he dipped a piece of chicken in it and gave it a try. :) We watched some YouTube videos together, laughed and shared jokes.

The next day I had a fun day with another one of my sons. I learned after too many stressful 'dates' with my sons, that taking one out at a time works so much more smoothly. Perhaps they enjoy the break from each other. For sure they get more of my attention and time when we have our outings.

~~

I have a couple of friends who take me out of my comfort zone. I know what is coming sometimes and prepare myself to deal with it and kinda sorta go with the flow of things. Then there are times when the out of my comfort zone is a surprise.....kinda sorta sends me whirling and searching for an escape.

Not sure how I am going to deal with that. I kinda sorta feel like I am the one who is suppose to make the changes and become more open to their way of thinking and doing things. But, I kinda sorta like the way I do things....hmmm




The winds of change are always blowing
And every time I try to stay
The winds of change continue blowing
And they just carry me away

No comments:

Post a Comment