Sunday, September 27, 2009

It's foggy this morning but I don't mind. I can't even see the trees that line the easement road from the window. I can see through the tops of the trees though, that the sky is clear. Why is the fog lingering so low today...I wonder.

I breath in.
I breath out.
I appreciate the morning.

I don't have any friends wh
o enjoy the mornings like I do. And you would think with the blessing of 5 children, that at least one of them would share my joy, but they don't. And so they sleep.

I like the quiet but how I long for someone to relate to how I feel and join me. It's like medicin
e to my body. On days when I don't have opportunity to take in the morning sights and sounds, I feel like I drag on all day.

A bit past noon now....it is a lazy Sunday. Chores I wanted to do are done and then some.

As I stand at the dining room window I can feel the warmth of the sun. Once again the weather forecast in inaccurate yet a perfect fit for
my frame of mind.

The house is still quiet as the boys are all involved in their hobbies which explains why I was able to get my chores done so quickly today. The patio chairs look lonely - think I will accommodate them and go outside for a bit.

In the distance I hear shots being fired. Hunters working on their skills while deer scamper through the woods. Dexter whines at the sound and
wants me to pet him. I want to write. I set my pen down and oblige him. I rub his head and scratch behind his ears. His body is still except for his tail which wags, almost creating a breeze of it's own. Dexter is a big, big dog.

As I return to writing, Dexter finds 'his spot' on the patio and does a doggie style d
ance it seems, as he lays on his back and rubs against the concrete, while his legs whip back and forth in the air. He seems happy today.

The warmth feels nice and reminds me of summer but the leaves that scatter across the lawn remind me Autumn is present and this day is a bonus blessing.



The dwarf sunflowers I waited all summer long to bloom are suddenly on the edge of doing ju
st that.

The cosmos I planted from seed in pots and in the garden because o
f their wonderful purple shades are now blooming here and there but the ones in one of the pots are all white.

Where is the justice or do I count them all as a bonus blessing just as this sunny, warm day at the end of September?


No comments:

Post a Comment