Thursday, September 24, 2009




What is it about that first cup of coffee that seems to seal the fact that morning has officially commenced?

The sunrise, yes, it's joined me also, although, there are mornings I'd like it to rise a little sooner.

I wonder...

if the morning sounds are there through the night, calling to me, while I lay yet sleeping.


I wonder...


if the birds that now perch on t
ree tops and among branches, the birds that are all too familiar with my morning routine, sit watching and waiting for my back porch arrival.

Now that the day, this day, has arrived, I wonder...

will this day be all I hope that it will be.

I wonder...

while I am quite content to be alone, why then, at times like now, do I feel as empty as the lone black birds' unanswered squawk.

I wonder...

if I take a stroll, should I head along the
wooded trail that leads me to the lake or do I take a lazy walk through the woods that will bring me to that place where chipmunks have been storing food in the hollowed out tree, that fell two years ago during a winter storm.

Should I pick some wildflowers along the way. They are charming this time of year. Or do I leave them for another day...

Yes....this day is all I imagined it would be.



No comments:

Post a Comment