Thursday, July 1, 2010

Conversations

I have many friends which pleases me. Each one is unique...people are that way you know.



One of my friends always sends me on travels and entertains me during our conversations. Actually, many of the best conversations with this friend are one sided...they talk, I listen.



But, its all good!



Today I was chatting with them.



...and so I ask a question.



...and so they look out the window as if there were cue cards to read, and respond with words that must of trigger a memory because they were not words that would be considered an answer to my question.



...and so I keep looking at them, during their moment or two or three of silence, waiting for the rest, the actually answer to my question. Meanwhile, my friends focus is still out the window. I was curious to look out the window myself, at this point, wondering if someone or something was out there. Hey, maybe the person holding the cue cards dropped the cards and my friends silence was due to their patiently waiting to proceed...



...and suddenly, my friend turns their head slightly and looks up at me with the grin that always makes me giggle and says, "So, did I answer your question?"



...and so I answered their question, unlike they did mine. "Giggle, giggle, giggle. No, not exactly but I will take what you said and decipher it myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment