Monday, July 12, 2010

Curtis


I have a new friend. His name is Curtis. He is kinda sorta pushy though, kinda sorta controlling.


I have a lot of controlling people in my life so one more is nothing new.


He tells me he will sing me songs but when I make a request, he is silent.

He tells me he will read a book to me but when I make a request, he is silent.

When I tell him where I want to go and ask for directions, he barks out where to turn and when I am almost to my destination, as I knew where I was going to begin with but felt it courteous to ask for help, he tells me to make a U-turn. When I don't, he repeats it with more volume in his voice.


Curtis is my new GPS I got from my sister for my birthday. I am able to navigate from place to place but he seems to give me wrong directions. He won't let me put in my home address, stating there is no such place. go figure! So then, if there is no such place, where do I live? Should I have put in that I live on another planet and then MAYBE, Curtis would have recognized my home address?


As far as singing to me, I have the capability of downloading songs and e-books on the Curtis. I did not know I had to download them so when I clicked on the link to open songs, there was nothing there....:( I am able to download e-books to listen to while I drive but again, there was nothing listed. Guess I have to do it myself.


So the task I have given myself is to download music and e-books to the Curtis so next time I am taking the long drive to Mossyrock to visit my sons, I can have Curtis read a book to me.


I won't be chatting wall to wall with Curtis on Facebook. I won't be sending Curtis text messages, but I enjoy my new found friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment