Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hmmm

"Good morning Starshine, the Earth says hello..."


Remember that Mamas and Papas hit? I am old enough to. It was the song that kept playing in my head when I got up this morning. Tis true, it was morning. Tis true, the Earth did say hello and welcomed me with bright, warm sunshine, and the sun actually being a star...well, you know where my brain is drifting.


I am sore.

I am ready for a day off.

This new job is really stretching my abilities.


I use muscles I care not to. :)


I sweat at work from the heat and the hard work, which I care not to...for your information, girls don't sweat, they glisten. :)


The sweating is great as I am surely loosing weight. The down side is my bangs are wet most of the day and my hair frizzes from the moisture so I head to the restroom every couple of hours to do my best with a comb, in repairing the frazzled hairdo - as to not interfere with the customers well-being and thoughts of wondering if I even brushed my hair that morning.


Ok, moving on - the greatest lack I have found this summer is




My work schedule is almost every day as they base my week on hours rather than days. I get to work, having little time in the morning to get things done at home that I want to and need to, head into the store and work like crazy, head to my car for my breaks, open the latest text messages on my phone, as there never less than 8, then answer them in the order they arrived. Text messages reminding me I am cared for, messages asking why the package I sent my son has not arrived, messages asking if I am working ...duh...



Some of them are tough to respond to. Actually, the tough part is not responding with 'figure it out'. But that would be rude so I don't.



I park my car in the store parking lot where there is a view of the Chehalis Airport. If I am lucky, an airplane or two will taxi down the runway then soar into the air as if in the hand of a giant child at play.





The picture is not so great as I took it with my cell phone while sitting in my car on a break attempting to find calmness while focusing on the tall grass in my view, that was blowing in a steady, soothing rhythm. I put a frame around it because I could if I wanted to since I was in charge. I like finding things in my day that I can be in charge of. :)

The good in that bad, as I always try to find the good in all things, is that I am thought of by many, hence the list of text messages. The down side is I find myself lacking quiet/me time other than the drive to and from work. In my car I turn up the volume on the radio to heights only a teenager would be listening to, plug in a cassette and sing along with Rupert Holmes..."Riding on a midnight bus, and through the window, I read the sign posts, like pages in a story book

Rupert seems to enjoy my company as much as I enjoy his. He does not mind my singing voice. At least he has not motioned for me to ZIP IT!

So here I go again, day 5 of an 8 day straight work week. I finally had time to post some, now on to the shower, on with the all black, boring clothes, put my hair up into a pony tail with a black hair tie of course, then into my car and head to work.

I am determined to find joy, calmness/peace and contentment in this long 8 hour of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment