Tuesday, July 20, 2010

DID YOU KNOW

there is no fool like an old fool

~


when i told my son in Texas to expect a package

his response, "is it Anthrax?"


~


some 5 a.m. skies
are left over from the day before






you can make a wish on any star at night

its all the same


~


some days everyone moves
in slow motion

~


i've lived most of my life fulfilling

everyone else's joy

forgetting my portion




i wonder if i'll survive my life

with the lack of skills i have


~


my #1 son informed me that i must belong to a guild of spies

in order to survive life

hmmm

~

i believe its a man's nature to have bouts of anger
and a woman's to endure and accept





i'm not really a princess

~



life is a constant disappointment


~


that glory of morning is not pleasurable
when the one you are in the company with

does not appreciate it as you do



simply wearing all black does not allow you to possess ninja powers


~

it hurts when others try to remold you into someone you are not


~


the donkey neighbor of mine likes me

he goes Hee Haw
(which is his polite way of saying hello)
when i come home
which always makes me smile





you can't change people

who don't want to change
some don't know how


~


it can be a difficult task

when attempting to exsist with someone
who is so unlike you


~


i keep my heart undercover

it feels safer that way


sometimes when i talk

it seems no one is really listening to my words


~

hearts can break
when dreams slip away

~


i'm still pondering a tattoo

(Patty, does that smart a new interest?)




sometimes this world is more than i can take


~


you can slip away and yet remain

isn't that odd?


~



a wish of mine is to dance through life wearing ballet slippers






love mends a broken heart with more than just a bandaid



No comments:

Post a Comment