Saturday, April 17, 2010

Glimpses

I get glimpses of my sons.

Every other day after I get off work I stop by the house to visit with my sons. Sometimes they are there, sometimes one or two of them are off to a friends home or at work.

Hmmm ....too short are the glimpses now that I get into the lives of my sons. I miss out on the pages in between my visits. How can you get a view into those moments you miss?

Somedays it's all good and we sit and chat and giggle and even tease the cats. Somedays there is an awkwardness that does not go away. I am unsure why or where it stems from and suspect they feel the same way.

My boys get a glimpse into my life when I drop by or take them out for shopping or lunch dates. I wonder if they find those glimpses kinda sorta like puzzle pieces. If so, they would not have the full puzzle to view since they aren't around me during all of my day.

Hmmmm...days - life - too short to fulfill all that I wish I could do and be.

No comments:

Post a Comment