Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I cried...

...a little. It helped having that bit of release this morning. My day was not going too well. I got up later than I wanted to. I had things to do, there has been less and less time to get things done and more and more things keep being added to my list.

The computer would not co-operate.

The muffin I made came out of the toaster covered in charcoal so I had to make a new one.

I grabbed the wrong coffee cup...but drank coffee from it anyway.

The blouse I intended to wear was covered in lint. Isn't that just how it is with black? I attempted to wipe the link off causing the blouse to wrinkle. I then found I needed to iron it. Hmmmm I set it off to the side to iron before I left but as you might guess...that time never arrived to tend to that need so I hung the blouse back up and grabbed another top to wear today.

I could not get the cd with the photos on it to load up.

The hmmm was growing into a grrr as time drifted on without my asking it to.

I jumped in the shower and did a lot of self talk in there. After all, who would hear me and wonder if I were entering crazy town.

I heard myself sighing out loud.

Tis true, I was exasperated and exhausted as I wondered why I got up early and accomplished nothing at all that was on my list.

The kinda sorta last straw was my 'to go' cup of coffee...it was waiting there for me on the counter. All nice and ready with a straw even. All that it needed was a topping of whip cream. I reached for it only to watch it topple over...at least it sloshed into the sink - less clean up that way.

No time to make up a baggie of veggies for my lunch.

I had reached the end of my patience with myself and my morning. I stood near the front door that I had propped open. I heard the rooster crowing up a storm from across the street.

hmmm

My morning is not going well, I reported to Mr. Rooster. It seemed the day was ruined but the rooster reminded me with his crowing, that even still...life goes on and I will survive. Answers and time will make their way along my journey this day. I just need to find a new route to take. The rooster will continue to crow and I will continue on to make my way through another day.

Thank you rooster
and thank you dear friend

I say that because the calmness that began when I heard my rooster neighbor doing his morning routine strengthened even more when my friend entered my space. I began to cling to the care that my friend has for me. We get along well and I know deep inside that no matter what my day brings me, I can find a place of refuge, a listening ear, a kind word or two of encouragement from them. Peace returned.

I did not know how my day would work out. I did not know how I was going to accomplish my list of to do's but it didn't matter. The peace I needed to make it through the day was there now and I could put one foot in front of the other and make my way to my car and take that drive to work that I have grown fond of.

On the way I stopped at Starbucks. I felt I deserved it. Hot Dark Cherry Mocha topped with whip cream and chocolate sprinkles is what I ordered...in case you are keeping a record. :)

Enjoy your day
I am most certain that I will

No comments:

Post a Comment