Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Perspective


Yesterday I wrote about a recent road trip. Care to hear more?
Once I crossed the border into Oregon, I saw many freshly harvested wheat fields. Overhead, great hawks soared over them with their wings spread wide. They seemed as if they were floating in the air, allowing the wind from that height to guide them to their intended destination - tasty rodents scampering through the fields below them.
I couldn't help but imagine how it would be to feel so weightless. Hawks, eagles and birds of all kinds are magnificent to observe, especially that day, which was a lazy day off for me.
From ground zero, I don't suppose the harvest mice viewed those skyward creatures from my prospective.
It's all about who you are and where you are in this world, that defines just how your day is going to go...or end.

No comments:

Post a Comment