Monday, August 2, 2010

True Story



She caught my eye. Her motorcycle had a long decorated pole on the back end with an attached American Flag that flapped in the breeze as she sailed down the freeway. A breeze that I was thankful for as it was a hot day in Oregon.


Her helmet had a cheetah pattern print on it. Here clothing was not ordinary either. They had style and color. Her bike, well...it was a shade of red that I considered to be hot pink. At least when the hot Oregon sun shone on it, that is the color it appeared to be.


Way Cool


Even at the high speed of the freeway, she road on her travels with confidence amongst 18-wheelers and other vehicles, mine among them.


I wondered who she was.

I wondered where she was headed to.

I wondered if I would ever be so brave as I believed her to be.


She was a stranger, although not strange at all. She and her bike were fascinating to me.


I wonder if one day, we will meet and be best of friends. Would she offer me a ride? Would I be bold and accept?


I saw a bumper sticker earlier on my road trip that read -
Hmmm I said to myself, as I put the 2 together. She was indeed bold. Going nowhere - perhaps, or perhaps not. Even going nowhere in particular at all...
WHAT A WAY TO GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment