Saturday, October 24, 2009

Friday Night

...and so I lay there in bed, and wonder if when I roll over to see what time the clock will read, will I find it an acceptable time to get up or will it be as it was the last time I checked and found only a few moments had passed.

I'm not sleeping well lately
go figure

~
I turned the hair dryer off and took a look in the mirror at what creation my curling brush and hair dryer had made for me this day. I wonder again if what keeps me up night is the noise from conversations between the brush and hair dryer. I wonder if they chat over ways they want my ha
ir to turn out when morning comes. Frizzy, flat, curly or too poofy. They share a shelf in the bathroom you know, so don't you suppose it is conceivable?
:)


Tis true my hands hold the tools, but tis also true that following the same routine, results in different hair do's appear.

I think it's a conspiracy. Several girlfriends have shared the same experience so it must be so.

Either way, today was a good hair day. I
was pleased. Today was a kinda sorta special day. It is the last day of the week and current job position. Monday I start a new and exciting position at work.

Oh Joy of Joys

~~

I sat in my car in the carport and looked out the side car window at the backyard patio. That's where I spent a lot of my summer. The chair from where I did a lot of dreaming and writing is now stacked among the other chairs for winter. The glass pa
tio table that held my iced coffee is now covered in a blanket of rain.

From behind the lattice fence, mini late blooming sunflowers
peek at me. Fragments reminding me of what was.

Hope I held onto yesterday, just like the tiny fragment reminders I see this morning of what was, were recently whisked from me, leaving me feeling melancholy. Leaving me a bit more afraid to hope on anything.

For now, I will keep my feelings and my hopes shielded. I will keep hope at bay. I feel more emotionally protected that way. Not
to say hoping and dreaming are foolish mind wanderings that shouldn't remain alive, but for me, if I want to survive through this day, these next few days, it is a have to.

Yes, a bit blue and melancholy is how I feel today.

No comments:

Post a Comment