Sunday, October 18, 2009

Conch Shell


I was thinking about a sea shell, those kind you put up to your ear and you can hear the ocean. When you do, it feels like you are really there.

I have experienced a lot of new things lately, had a lot of firsts. Seems odd that at my age I would still be experiencing firsts but I suppose, you are never too old to learn new things right?
Not that I am admitting to being old. My hair color shows I am young and I think that is proof enough!!

A friend I have has been introducing me to new foods, everything from seafood I have kept my lips tightly pierced in the past so I did not have to endure the taste of, and now can't get enough, to sweet cream, who knew there were different kinds of cream in the world, certainly not I. yum

I am finding more contentment in my life and yet longing at the same time for this new world. I find that if I close my eyes I can grab onto a memory or moment and feel as if I am really there. Kinda sorta how it works with the sea shell.

How about you? Experiencing any firsts lately or any moments where you long to be a part of it again or feel like you are still there? Held a conch shell to your ear lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment