Friday, October 2, 2009

Enemy

I feel like the enemy. But I'm not. I could say, 'that person makes me feel like the enemy', but then I would be allowing them to make me feel a certain way and after all, I must be in charge of my own feelings and take responsibility for them.

So then, 'I allow them to make me feel like the enemy' is the right way to say it.


Tis true, that off and on in the past I made attempts by gripping into the sides of the pit to climb out, but when a finger was lifted from outside sources, I would give up and tumble back down.


This time, I know I can't give up. I can't let loose my grasp and must continue to climb.


Still - I feel like I am the enemy.

Freedom I am discovering, hurts more than oppression.

Maybe I'll appreciate freedom all the more.

No comments:

Post a Comment