Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Smile


I really like working with children. I learn a lot!

I watched a student last week during recess, manage to make a shot with the basketball he had brought out. He made several attempts. I would have given up, most likely. That student kept on until finally at last, the ball swished though the net.

Then came the priceless moment. As the student watched the ball roll away, they turned their body to face mine and painted on a purposeful smile. They had to work at both - making a basket and the smile.

hmmm

Somehow I could relate.
You too?

As for me, I spent beyond recess giving that thought. There is very little that doesn't intrigue me. There is very little that happens around me that I can't learn from. At that precious moment, I knew what that student knew - at times, life is grand, but you kinda sorta have to work at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment