Thursday, October 15, 2009

Nestle

That's what I do when the warm days of summer have gone away, I nestle into my favorite blanket on the couch.

Nestle - nuzzle, curl up, burrow, take shelter, cuddle, snuggle.

I am fond of all those words and feelings they bring to mind.

Last night I sat at my assigned post in the livin
g room. Not being in charge of the nights entertainment, I leaned back my head, closed my eyes and allowed my thoughts to drift. The cool air in the room caused me to think on winter snowfall.


I know it is around the corner. In fact, one of my sisters sent me a text while she sat in the Denver airport today, to let me know it was snowing. I sent back a text, NO WAY. Her return response, "WAY!"

I also know that means holiday meal making moments with my sons will soon be here. Not often heard laughter will come from the kitchen and cooking ingredients will cover the counter tops and the floor. The messes won't matter. The merriment and amusement will be what I hold on to for months, at least until the next holiday rolls around and I am joined once again in the kitchen with the pleasant company of my sons.

For now, I linger longer in the frame of mind I am in, as I take hold of the edge of the blanket and pull it up under my chin.

I wonder if you have moments like that too. I wonder if you have a favorite blanket to snuggle into, if you have favorite memories that come to mind and if so, do you allow your mind to drift also...

Is there anything finer, I ask you, than this? I could play the guitar that leans against the wall gathering dust, but I don't know how. I could sing a song, but well... there are others to consider. I could count the leaves as they fall from the trees but that would probably put me to sleep.

Perhaps having a good friend to share the moment with. Hmmm I will have to give that more thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment