Sunday, November 22, 2009


In the recent changes that are entering my world I needed a break, somewhere to take in a breath of quiet. I stopped at a park to view the lake, to watch the ducks as they scramble for bread that I was tossing their way, and I wonder who will be the deliverer for their next morsel of food.

I wonder if they worry when the traffic ceases with the onset of Autumn and they will have to fend for themselves. Their beaks don't display a frown or a smile so how am I to know?

With the changes that for certain are entering their world now, could it be they are feeling weak at the notion of a new season? I know I feel weak from the changes.

Will the mommy ducks feel they have failed if they cannot provide for their duckling? I know at this moment, I feel I am failing in many areas of my life.

I wonder if they will gather together and in that, find strength and courage to fly away to another area where it is warm, where the water is clear and food is plentiful. I wonder if it appears I am flying away or does my course seem more set and not so random. I wonder if when I get to where I am going, I will find water that is clear and food plentiful, water being my thoughts and food being my needs.

I have a lot of questions. I feel broken. I am ready and yet I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment