Wednesday, November 11, 2009

When

I have filled out stacks and stacks of job applications online and in stores and offices. I did interviews. I drove to many cities searching for places to find a job. I walked malls, going store to store leaving resumes.

After months of the effort, turns out the job I got was the one I wanted all along. It was right in front of me the whole time. A dream job for me actually. A job I never applied for or even considered there being an opening.

Why do I do that?
When will I get it?

My son was having banking trouble. Being new to having an account, it was all a bit complicated for him. He had several pages of documents to read through and figure out. I tried to help and read through the pages. I knew what needed to be done but one piece of information was missing. All we could do was wait until Monday. It was longer than he wanted to wait but it was a have to.

Sunday, I gathered the documents in readiness for a phone call to the bank on Monday. They were there, under my hand. I looked down and the top page had the number and the information we had needed. No more waiting, it had been right in front of me all the while.

Why do I do that?
When will I get it?

I went shopping with one of my sons. A rarity these days with two of them working now. We went to a shop he likes to frequent. A place he was unsure if I would enjoy. I loved the store. I loved the fragrance in the store and all they had to offer.

My son and I walked through the shop. I followed him as he pointed out one thing after another that he liked...his birthday is coming up...do you suppose there was a hidden agenda on his part? giggle

On the way home, he showed me two back ways to get to our home just in case of flooding. In this part of the world, we have had way too many times of severe flooding. The drive took longer since we were on back roads. We chatted about more personal things than we have ever brought up before. My son told me he loves me. My too tall son gave me a hug. Right when I thought he had gotten too old to hug his mom. Right when I was wondering if he was thinking spending time with his mother was not cool.


Why do I do that?
When will I get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment