Thursday, November 5, 2009

Invasion



I was rambling about invasions yesterday. Not from aliens, although...hmm

Invasions in our personal spaces.

Then I got to thinking about acts/actions people do. Some are that - just acts. Like the fake hug or fake smile or fake 'I care about you' comment. That is when they become acts, just motions people mindlessly go through. Although, the receiver might not even know.

Acts ranging from a hello wave to more intimate movements or gestures, when not backed up with pure and true emotion from both parties, are painful and even hurtful. They can turn what should be an everlasting moment into everlasting emotional scars.
Leaving in their wake, a shattered life, and mementos of traumatic events that can make lasting, in-ignorable impressions emotionally, physically and spiritually.

I know those very scars often remain as reminders of what was, making us stronger and make us who we are or will become.

I know my Jesus interacts with those who feel they are broken beyond repair.

I know God is there and he is listening.

Dear God, please make everything alright, sometimes I’m so scared.


No comments:

Post a Comment