Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bare with me

While I was away these past few days, I had a more free mind from stress thus more words filled my head and heart and made their way through to paper and now posted here before you.



~~

She might as well be blind and deaf.

Can't she see in his eyes, the love he has for her?

As he listens to her too long of stories time and time again.

Can't she tell by his ginger jokes to cheer her when she is down?

He told her twice he loved her. I heard him - why didn't she? Has she filtered those feelings, those words, from entering her heart?

Then, on that tragic last day, as she lay motionless on the gurney being swiftly wheeled into surgery, surely his weeping and tender kiss to her cheek will finally allow the love in his heart to reach hers.

Did she finally hear his heart...beating...for her...


~~

I am glad everyday is a new day.

~~

Will wishes come true with the morning light?

~~

It has been cloudy lately. The morning air is crisp and cool. The days are mist filled. As I stand on the porch, greeting the dawn, I think of fall and that summer has passed.

Truth is - pattern is, there will be a few misty, cloudy days in my summer but I believe and trust that summer is not over....

No comments:

Post a Comment