Thursday, August 13, 2009

morning


I woke up knowing this day would bring a sky filled with puffy dark clouds waiting to release their rain droplets just as I made my way to my car or some other inopportune time.

It was pre-dawn, so dark, when I walked on the treadmill this morning, but I gazed out the window anyway. It's a habit.

A two mile walk and shower later, I sit with pen in hand, scribbling words on a pad. The light of morning tells me the sky may not be cloud filled after all. The gentle breezes waving the sheers lacks the scent of rain that I have grown familiar with since living here.

Life lesson - for me - don't assume the weatherman's forecast is accurate (surprise!) The turmoil you assumed this un-ordinary of days
would bring has not arrived and may not present itself - don't be surprised - be amazed at the provision of my Adonai, the maker of my hope and freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment