Saturday, August 15, 2009

Remember


I think I'm figuring out the jigsaw puzzle pieces from my life.

Knowing is everything - or so I've heard.

Lately memories from my past have been making their way to the surface. Mouth dropping, painful memories resulted from prompting during a recent conversation. It has given me a lot to absorb and question.

The pleasant thing is, on my way to town yesterday morning, a memory or two floated through for me. A voice, a face from long ago arrived with gentleness and brought pleasurable memories. The timing was perfect as I was on a mission that was not so pleasant but had to be done. I was filled with sadness, nope, that's not true, I was consumed with sorrow to the point of struggling to find focus.

I admit, I'm not thrilled at working through this remembering process. My thoughts run from is this really necessary? Is this really healthy, filling in those missing pieces? Can't I make up my own memories as I see fit? :)

The song Somewhere Over The Rainbow - depending on your moment in time, is either a sad, longing song to you or sky high, happy, I've finally arrived song.


"Somewhere...skies are blue
dreams that you dare to dream
someday I'll wish upon a star
and wake up where the clouds are far behind me
troubles melt like lemon drops"

If you find yourself longing today, does that feel like forever away and you are wondering 'why can't I'?

If you've finally arrived, does that all make sense and heighten the joy that fills your being?

Which are you today - care to share?

My hope, my goal is to keep remembering without fear of what I'll find. To remember and find good memories that I can hold on to. Memories that will carry me through until I arrive...

somewhere
over the rainbow
way up high
in the land that I heard of
once in a lullaby...

No comments:

Post a Comment