Saturday, August 15, 2009

Expectations


I give expectations to my sons. I feel it is the fair way to do things. I let my one son know what was expected of him BEFORE he got on the computer this morning.

I walked with grace towards his room, as all princesses do, opened the door and told him I was done blogging and he could get on the computer now.

I then, with fear and should not be but shock, viewed his room bringing on the response that he has to first complete the expectations given by cleaning up his room blah blah blah....normal mom stuff in there.

He continued pounding the drum set in front of him and continued with the smiling face.

Hmmmm

I began to shut the door as I was concerned for my safety and well being :)

That is when he made the announcement.

'That's funny mom that you think I'm listening to you.'

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Teenagers!!!

Humph


...and so being the mature woman that I am :) I walked away without another word (less is best) picked up my headset and turned the music up loud enough to be rebellious, however, only I knew of the rebellion. My son never heard the music, as it was busy blasting my ears that were SO not liking my foolish decision but all in all, I felt pretty good about how I handled the whole situation. giggle

No comments:

Post a Comment