Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Little Sad



I do enjoy the fact that from the computer desk I can see my fish pond. The sound from the water fountain is wonderful and the cool noises the fish make when they pop up to grab a tasty bug is a very groovy noise. BTW -I only assume they are tasty.

I apologize if you thought when you saw the title of this post, you were g
oing to hear who broke my heart. I will save that for a Starbucks conversation. I will buy, if you provide the tissue boxes. :)

Ready for the sad part? There is a lot of wildlife in our world that many of us don't take the time to notice, but I do.
It's a blessing and a curse ~~ giggle

Not only do the honey bees like being my neighbor but there are a variety of birds that are thirsty and partake of the pond water. Along the waters edge are river rocks. Most birds hop from one to the next trying to find the safest way to get a drink without slipping in. I understand! I have the same issue when I go out each day to clean the filter on the fountain. I don't hop but I do take careful steps as I reach down for the fountain in hopes I don't entertain anyone by slipping in.

But as I watch them I see some are wise. They stand on the bark and must analyze the best way to gain access to the water. At least I assume that is what they are doing because suddenly they go for it, they hop, hop, hop, sip, sip, sip and off they fly.

While others hop, hop, hop along the rocks until they give up and fly away. Where is the team work in all of that. Isn't there a bird code of ethics that states team work is the way to go rather than every bird for themselves?

I must admit that I have heard a splash or two this morning. I am not sure if it was intentional or not on part of the unfortunate birds. I am opting out of viewing so they don't get embarrassed. giggle

What wonders did you view on this awe inspiring morning?





No comments:

Post a Comment