Saturday, August 15, 2009

A giggle

I am not sure, I must start a survey of sorts, but is it women giggle and men chuckle. And what if a person has no sense of humor AT ALL? What sort of sound do they make when they experience amusement? Dare I ask...or not.

I am thankful for spam. As you know from past posts, spam was a staple in my home growing up. But that isn't the kind of spam I am talking about now so Chris, you can stop being grossed out at the memory of spam in a can. :)

I am referring to email spam. In the OLD days, I had to filter out the spam myself and delete it .. or not. Now, with the NEW days, the server does that for me. Well how rude! What if we disagree on the quality of spam? My server does not give me the option or not which is much of what I experience in my life.

I viewed my spam file this morning. Truth is, I only view what I can see on the screen, I don't bother scrolling. Is that terrible wrong? :( I glance, not really reading fully who the supposed spam came from, and then, with sometimes the only joy and smile I have in my day, I click and delete all the spam.

Before you are too terribly shocked, please let me explain more. I don't know about you and I most certainly don't know if this is normal or not, but each day I have at least 150 spam messages sitting in my folder. Why is that? Whose lists am I on or do those who send spam randomly select old ladies...I wonder...but found out wondering does little good in this type of situation.

My giggle factor was in the type of spam I had this morning. I guess you could say I had a dull moment and scanned through a few until the laughter could be contained no more than the choices I was given to select - if I want to meet singles in my area, find out about Domino's Bread Bowl, do I want to go on the flat belly diet....that one was just wrong and hurtful to send to me, or perhaps I want to play Build - A - Lot or find out the lowest fares from the Portland Airport.

No, I did not fall off the chair from laughter. No, I did not roll on the floor laughing either. I am a refined woman and contained my laughter to roars...oh dear, I wonder if roaring is lady like. After I rid my inbox of all spam I began to ponder a form of pocketbook spam clicker, enabling me to be rid of what I would consider spam in the world around me.

But that is another post for another dull day...


No comments:

Post a Comment