Friday, August 7, 2009

Observe


I observe a lot but then there are details I miss oftentimes. For example, a kid had broken into a home across the way. When the law enforcement showed up, I told him who it was - bummer for the kid. Living in a small town and the fact that I work at the school....

The officer by passed that information, much to my puzzlement. His mind was going in a different direction. He wanted me to describe what the person was wearing.

??

My mind said 'who cares', I told you who it was but I am not in his profession so there must be more to this process.... yes I giggled shhhhhhh

Seeing he had pen in hand I complied but could only use words like dark - light - jeans - shirt - and oh ya, he was wearing a cap! ahhh darkish in color...

I don't think he was amused or felt informed although he was polite. He smiled. He said thank you as he put the pen and still blank pad away.

So much for being a good observer. I wonder if at that moment I could have shared with him what a great listener I am. I wonder if that would have helped him find favor in my input....

probably not

oh bother

No comments:

Post a Comment