Saturday, August 8, 2009

Earth's Waters

I kinda sorta like the water.

Are you asking yourself what I could possibly mean? Travel with me if you will...


I like the lake but have bad memories of seeing my sister almost drown when I was young that keeps me from enjoying it with ease. I did kayak on the lake with a friend a few years ago and had a blast but it was a guarded blast...is that possible?
giggle
guess so


I lived in California for several years in my late teens. We lived close enough to the ocean that I walked there almost every day. No, I was not a beach girl which is the opposite of a beach boy. The Beach Boys have nice voices. I do not. Nor did I surf or swim in the ocean but I did let the waves bury my feet in the sand.


I don't like the beach because when you leave, the sand stays with you, at least with me, for days and days. Even after a shower I can still find shiny bits of sand on me and all the towel shaking in the world and laundry going through the wash cycle will somehow leave behind bits of sand. Please explain to me the workings of the ocean sand when you have time will you?

However, laying there on the warm sand, you can close you eyes and know you will hear the seagulls chanting about the weather or how high they can fly on this grand day of all days. The waves, foam capped, speak well of their journey as they pound against the sand.

Then there are the rivers, streams, creeks and ponds. Teaming with life inside and along their edges, sounds and colors can be breath taking.

I do wish someday, that someone will teach me how to enjoy life more. I do wish someday, that someone will come along that can help me be rid, once and for all, of all the bad memories that keep me from embracing life as the gift it is and not the curse it feels most often.





No comments:

Post a Comment