Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Message

I got a message from someone today. He has a wonderful way with words and I adore the way he sees life. I find when we chat he takes my emotions from one extreme to the other. One minute in tears of sadness, the other - tears of joy.

And so he goes...

"There's a song by Neil something or whatever the lyrics go 'old man, take a look at my life I'm a lot like you were...do do doommmm do do doommmm - his guitar riff.

Anywho, I always heard that song back when I was younger. Didn't make a lot of sense to me until later. I was in my apartment in Stephenville and I walked into the bathroom. I looked into the mirror and I saw my dad. It made me stop and blink and I realized I was seeing my own reflection. But it made me realize I am my father's son.

I see a lot of him in myself. I work non-stop without breaks and almost kill myself sometimes. I remember doing that with my dad. We'd cut, stack, cut, stack, split and stack the same log pile all day. We worked until we were done. I do that now without thinking. There's other things I realize like he pushed me so hard because he saw potential.

Gabe, Mike, Sean and other people see it too. I don't most of the time. Because I don't want to. Things seem hard until you are done. Then you realize how easy it was. 'The only wrong step you can take is the one you don't take'.

I still have issues with that. I don't want to step in the wrong direction and have to fix it later. but I'm working on that"

...ah, one look in my eyes and you can tell it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment