Monday, June 22, 2009

Rabbits

My home is on an acre surrounded by wooded area. There is a pond out front with a water fountain. It is located outside of my bedroom window. On warm summer nights I have the windows open and can hear the sound of the water flowing through the fountain. It is really very soothing.

Sound romantic?

hmmm

Maybe 30 years ago. Now I try my best to enjoy the sound of the water and the fish popping their heads up to catch bugs as long as I can. All the while, fighting back the urge to race to the bathroom. What else did you expect at 50+?

Beyond the landscaped green grass area are woods. I know - it makes me cringe too - spiders, raccoons, possums even a couple of cougar sport the area. But as long as I don't see them, I can continue to reject that reality and substitute my own :) are you with me?

Fluffy white rabbits use to inhabit the woods. In fact they often made meals of my flower garden. The flower garden I had carefully protected with security fencing to keep rabbits out. I was glad the flowers were assorted colors and kinds. It would have been an awfully dull meal for them to bask simply on my lavender tulips. poor things

Now as to why the fluffy white rabbits no longer hop through my yard and wiggle their noses as they check out my garden is a whole other story.

Elmer Fudd lives here with me.
Need I say more?
:(

No comments:

Post a Comment