Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Do-Hickeys

The dishwasher. Funny as it is, when I attempt to open the dishwasher to put plates, cups or silverware inside, it opens right up for me. Even that little do-hickey you put a soap pad inside and slide it shut, works when I use it.

Crazy thing - when my sons make their way with dishes in hand to the dishwasher, the door won't open so they are forced to put the dishes on the counter ABOVE the machine. I am certain they feel badly about the whole thing.

The other do-hickey you slide a roll of toilet paper on. The boys have their own bathroom with a do-hickey that randomly refuses a new roll of toilet paper. How do I know that? When I go in there I often find a roll of toilet paper on the counter ABOVE the do-hickey. I then replace the toilet paper for them and at that point in time, it works!


Could it be their hands are too wet from washing them? I know they are fine young men and always wash their hands before leaving the bathroom. So perhaps out of courtesy they don't replace the toilet paper with the chance of having a bit of moisture still on their hands and then transferring that to the new roll. What sweet considerate sons I have raised.

No comments:

Post a Comment