Monday, June 29, 2009

What Have You Done



Each June, as school lets out, what I face are long summer days just waiting for adventure and as each September comes, all too soon, I face the same question - 'what have you done'.

hmmm

This year I made my usual list but as June got closer new items were added to the list leaving me wondering how to fit them all in. Each with equal importance to me.

Everything from making a quilt for the first time, working in my garden, rebuilding an old friendship, trips to Yakima and California,to spending as much quality time with my sons as possible.
Lots of tid bits in between but you get the picture.

In those things and extras, I wonder - will I have done anything that is worthy of the Lord? Will I spend too much time checking things off of lists and miss loving others enough? Will I have sacrificed enough? Will I have been selfless? Will I slow down enough to notice others, to show mercy and grace when there is opportunity to do so? And will my children see Jesus in me?

The quilt, cards, garden and small things I make this summer are important to me but the things I do and the time I spend with the people I come in contact with, will it all be pleasing to the Lord?

When September comes rolling in, I may look back over the summer months and think that I did not do, love, give and sacrifice enough. But if through it all I believe that God is pleased with my attempts and efforts - then all is well.


No comments:

Post a Comment