Saturday, June 20, 2009

Seeds and My Garden



When I plant my garden I know what plants and seeds I am putting into the soil. Soil that has been carefully cultivated.

What if I took a random packet of seeds and sprinkled it on the soil not knowing what I might find growing in a few weeks.

God does that to me. Cultivating my life. The seeds are random. Sometimes I know what's coming, what He has planted in my life. Then, there are the times I am taken by surprise.

Hello Lord, this is ME, SOOO NOT liking surprises.

Unlike in a garden, an unknown seed planted may bring forth the surprise of a rare and beautiful flower. I prefer that to the surprises sometimes the Lord has planted in my life like heart attacks, diabetic shock or flooding.

When I think about it, those unwelcome surprises do bring forth, in time, a beautiful creation.

However a side note to you Lord, please don't misunderstand that as an open door for more. I am quite content with what you have blessed my life with. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment