Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hang Gliding



Recently I was in the library looking for a book to read. I scanned the shelves. The title of this book caught my eye. Hang Gliding.

Don't be silly. I may act foolish, look foolish and have been foolish but I am not crazy! Hang gliding is not on my list of hobbies, interests or even dreams.

It was the words. Together they mean one thing but read them as two separate words, each with their own meaning. They describe days in my life recently.

I am hanging on the edge. I am hanging onto truths in God's Word.

I am gliding along the path I feel God has given to me, feeling like I can't stop but having a need of my own to make pit stops along the way.

God knows what I have been praying for. He keeps telling me the solution but I might have my ears covered...go figure!

I struggle with my own desires. I need His help. I keep wondering when it hurts and times get tough, if I am for certain gliding along the path of His choosing or of mine.

Winston Churchill quote: "If you're going through hell, keep going."

Lord, give me wisdom and let me hear Your voice."

No comments:

Post a Comment