Sunday, August 16, 2009

Control


Have I said it before...my life is consumed with people who are controlling.....arggggggggg Or perhaps my life is consumed with people I allow to control me. I prefer not taking blame so I will opt with the first of the two scenarios.

giggle

Ok, I have a serving heart and I am the kind of person that finds the greatest joy in watching others happy or being fulfilled which probably gives me the disposition of being attractive to controlling people. I don't know if that even makes sense. :)

go figure

and if you find an answer for me, please do share.

One of my sisters and I were chatting about mom. Isn't that what sisters do sometimes. Mom is so controlling! We are expected to follow her schedules. Everyday has a schedule of its very own everything from routine to meals. I often wonder if my mom ever checked with the days to find out how they feel about having her control over them or were they just happy to simply be.

There is no free time in moms schedule. That would be a waste. Silly me for even thinking so. Like teenagers, we brainstormed rebellious survivable plans of escape if for only a day or a few hours leaving behind panic attacks and meds to exist in the same home with mom.

Sad thing is, we aren't teens. Sis is 60+, I am 50+. What we need to do is brainstorm why and when we are going to stop allowing mom to control us, manipulate us and finally have a life of our own.

.......oops sorry, gotta run, mom is calling me..........


No comments:

Post a Comment