Monday, August 17, 2009

music


From the porch I could hear shouting from inside the house. I knew there was nothing I could do about it, there never is.

So I did all that I knew to do for my survival and put the head set in, leaned my on the back of the chair, embraced the warm sunshine on my body and became entertained by The Puppy Song by Harry Nilsson. Did you know that is the perfect song to drown out shouting? Did you know that it has just enough humor in it and uplifting words to bring sorrow up a notch?

Bummer is, there is a break between songs. The sounds of shouting returned but at a more mellow mode. hmmm

The next song was appropriate I thought. It was another song by Harry called Remember. I think what he says in the song is true,

love is only in a dream.

At least it feels like that. At least it is my experience.
But, I could be wrong. Wish you would prove me wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment