Friday, August 14, 2009

A Message

I have met a friend who lives in Vietnam. Her writings are refreshing. We share emails. We share a lot in common. And yet, we are miles apart, worlds apart. She rides a bike. I drive a car. When I am about to start my day, she has just finished viewing the beauty of the sunset. We do both like the same type of music. We do both like to write and have a hunger to learn.


I find some days are tougher than others for me. You too? That kind of thing happens to most of us. Then I find an email from her, my friend, and all that was a burden disappears for the moment and gives me strength that I lacked.

If I
were in space( not gonna happen) and I viewed the Earth, I would find it small. I could most likely cup my fingers together and form the shape of the planet we live on within the small circle my fingers would form.

But from the view here on Earth, the world is huge and so seem my worries.
I wish I could see my world more often, through the eyes of Jesus. I wish I could more often, feel the comfort that I get when Jesus holds me. I am glad for the people and the things He places in my life, the good and t
he not so good.

Today, at this moment, as I prepare to embark on a journey I don't want to take, I will go with more strength from the touch of His hand in mine and thank Jesus for the friendly email I got this morning, that arrived in His perfect timing.



No comments:

Post a Comment